Grand Opening of the Museum of Kazakhstan Football
The Kazakhstani head coach Magomed Adiev, the national team's players Bauyrzhan Islamkhan and Yan Vorogovskiy, football center of FC Astana, heads of domestic football clubs, as well as veterans of Kazakhstan football attended the event.
The team that worked on the creation of the museum carried out work to collect exhibits, information, and documentary data from all over the country to recreate the history of Kazakhstan football, which dates back to 1913, when first teams such “Yarysh”, SSK, “Olympus”, "Neptune" were established in Semey by local support
The presidents of FIFA and UEFA sent congratulatory letters.
FIFA President Gianni Infantino:
''I had the chance to visit your beautiful country a few months ago, and to witness first hand the incredible passion and love for football that exist in Kazakhstan. There is no doubt that the museum will contribute to paying tribute to the 110 years of football history in your country, a history rich in emotions, exploits and personalities, as well as to all those who keep our sport alive in your country.''
UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin:
''I am delighted to send you this very special letter to shine a light on 110 years of beautiful football in Kazakhstan and – for the first time – to congratulate the whole Kazakhstan Football Federation (KFF) on the official opening of the football museum in Astana. Major milestones such as nationwide mini and artificial pitches, training centers, the KFF Multifunctional Football Complex have all contributed to marking such a well-established and trusted national association. I wish the Kazakhstan Football federation continued success because you have all come so far - and your success belongs to a country that genuinely holds football in its heart.''
KFF President was also awarded a letter of gratitude from the International Sports Press Association (AIPS).
Also during the opening, letters of gratitude were presented from the KFF President to those who made a great contribution to the creation of the museum:
– Aigul Segizbaeva – daughter of an outstanding football player, coach Timur Sanzharovich Segizbaev. Aigul Timurovna donated a huge amount of her father’s personal belongings to the museum fund.
– Alim Anapyanov – sports journalist, author of 6 sports books. He donated a lot of literature and other exhibits to the museum fund.
– Stanislav Sarsekov – sports historian, journalist. He donated more than 150 items from his personal collection to the museum fund. Co-author of many books about Kazakhstan football.
– Nazgul Kadrimbetova – Honored Worker of Culture, Phd Doctor.
– Asilkhan Mashtaev, a museum designer who participated in the design of the National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Astana Arena premises and other significant cultural and sports facilities of our country.
The museum was initiated by the President of the Kazakhstan Football Federation Adlet Barmenkulov, presents the history of football in Kazakhstan, including the achievements of legendary players and important moments in the development of the game in our country.
In addition, everyone can donate exhibits related to the history of our football to the museum fund.
Museum opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 10:00 am to 5 pm.