Bauyrzhan Turysbek: “Games with Belgium and Russia are a great opportunity to assay our strength”
- Bauyrzhan, what can you say on the results of the draw?
- I would like to note that we have a very interesting group led by Belgium. I believe that any rivals can and should win, especially at home. We must try to take away points from the favorites. In away matches will need to play compact and smart. I think that we have a good chance to compete for second place.
- What was your overall reaction about the Belgian team in our group?
- It is interesting to play against the team, which is currently the first in the world (according to the FIFA ranking for November 2018 - note by the KFF press service). They have very qualified players. It is going to be an interesting match that will be kind of a good test for us. It will also be nice to play with our neighbors Russia. They performed well in the 2018 World Cup. These games are a great opportunity to assay our strength.
- Five or six teams in a group - does it matter?
- Six teams, I think, are better, since there will be two more games in which there is an opportunity to get points.
- And what do you think about fixtures?
- It seems to me that it is convenient because we are playing the first two games at home. I think that the qualifying tournament will be quite interesting for us.